- Herbs for Our Times: vibrant health with at-home plant magic
Herbs for Our Times: vibrant health with at-home plant magic
RECORDED. Herbs for Our Times: vibrant health with at-home plant magic; Deb Krause
Learn how to transform common herbs or ‘weeds’ into useful, beneficial preparations to aid your good health. This class will be valuable for both beginner herbalists and people who are more experienced in working with plants. Herbs help maintain balance in our health and in our lives, spiritually, mentally and emotionally. If we have an illness, herbs can help us get back into balance and good health. Herbal use is not meant to take place of the medical system, but as we have learned, the medical system may not always be available. Learning how to work with the plants around us can empower us to take our health into our own hands. If we are able to maintain good health, we won’t need to rely as heavily on our already overburdened medical system.
Our bodies already know how to fight off illness and maintain wellness. Our immune system was designed just for that! Herbs can help the body do what it already knows how to do.
In this class, you will learn:
- How herbs nudge our body to do what it already knows.
- Where to get the herbs we need: Can we grow them? Order them in the mail? Shop for them? Do we go out and find them on our own?
- We will discuss safety, sustainability and quality as well as how we can preserve our herbs for future use.
- How to make herbal infusions, decoctions, tinctures, oils and salves.
To round out the class, we will take a virtual ‘weed walk’ and explore some medicinal and edible herbs that grow under our feet right here in Central Florida!
Upon completion of this class, you will have the knowledge to start working with herbs in your own home, or continue your practice. You will be able to use what you have learned right away and learn where to go for further knowledge.