Herbology 2: decoctions, tinctures, oils and salves
March 14; 10-5:30; $65 early bird before Feb. 14; $75 Feb 15-Mar 14; Prof. D. Krause: The Vintage Cottage, 612 W. New York Ave., DeLand,DeLand
Join Professor Krause for a full day of magical herbal adventures learning how to transform common herbs or ‘weeds’ into useful, beneficial preparations to aid with your health.
- how herbs nudge our body to do what it already knows
- where to get the herbs we need: can we grow them? Order them in the mail? Shop for them? Do we go out and find them on our own?
- We will discuss safety, sustainability and quality as well as how we can preserve our herbs for future use.
-lunch on your own
- After lunch, create herbal preparations
- how to make herbal infusions, decoctions, tinctures, oils and salves. We will be tasting, touching and smelling all sorts of things, so bring your taste buds!
- To round out the day, we will take a ‘weed walk and explore the medicinal and edible herbs that grow right under our feet right here in Central Florida!
Upon completion of this class, you will have the knowledge to start working with herbs in your own home, or continue your practice from what you have learned in previous classes. You will know where to go for further knowledge. Come and share the day with us at one of the most beautiful places in Deland.